Info below is tentative only and will be updated. Do NOT rely on the info below.
- How long is the ride?
The Ride Rock and Roll has 3 different route options.
- Is there a minimum age to participate?
No. but participants under age 18 will need to have a parent registered and ride by their side throughout the ride.
- Is there is a minimum or maximum speed for the event?
You may ride as fast as you want, but you must average at least 14 mph to avoid the cutoffs, depending on the route.
- The roads will be closed to traffic?
No roads will be closed for traffic. However, riders have to obey traffic laws and ride on the right hand side of the road at all times. Riders have to follow the instructions of police officers, course marshals, and volunteers.
- How many AID Stations will be on the course?
There will be AID stations along the courses stocked with food and water. More details will be released on the specific number of AID stations on each route.
- There will be toilets on the course?
Yes, the start at Route 46 Entertainment District and the Aid Stations will be have restrooms or portable toilets
- There will be assistance during the course?
We highly encourage all participants to know basic safety and repair skills, including fixing a flat tire. Be prepared and bring your own pump or CO2 and extra tubes for your bike. There will be official support vehicles on course for all rides. However, with over 100 miles of total road to cover it may take some time for support to get to you. If you see another rider in need of assistance, please help each other out!
- What is included with the entry fee?
Ride Rock and Roll Goodies, Course Marking, Aid Stations, Water Stations, Personalized Number Bibs (must register by May 06, 2018!), Course Tech Support, Emergency Assistance, Welcome Party Saturday 19 May 2018, food, drink, and Live Entertainment, Raffles, Commemorative Pin and many surprises.
- What is the refund policy?
There are no refunds or transfers. If you have a medical or family emergency that does not allow you to travel to Seminole County, please contact us. We are here to help and we will try to come up with a solution.
- Where do I pick up my registration package?
Packet Pickup will be held at Route 46 Entertainment District in Sanford on Saturday, May 19, 2018 from 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm and Sunday, May 20, 2018 from 6:00 am to 8:00 am.
- Can someone else pickup my registration package?
Yes, with proper notice from the registrant.
- Can I pick up my registration package on the morning the event?
Yes, packet pickup will be available on Saturday, May 19, 2018 from 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm and Sunday, May 20, 2018 from 6:00 am to 8:00 am.
- What if its rains?
The Ride Rock and Roll is a rain or shine event.
- What kind of bike can I ride for the event?
We suggest using a road bike as it is the best option to ride in groups. You can also ride a mountain bike, touring bike, or single speed (with two brakes). A triathlon bike is fine as long as you keep your hands on the brake lever while riding in a group and not on your aero bars.
- What should I wear?
- Helmets with buckled chin straps must be worn at all times.
- Wristbands and number bibs must be worn at all times and will be provided at registration.
- Headphones of any kind are not allowed.